AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
SPPI is committed to the protection and preservation of the environment. SPPI’s locator companies are able to operate in an environmentally-conducive industrial park in which they can be assured of adequate water resources, centralized waste water treatment, clean air and green surroundings.
SPPI is also committed to promote mutually supportive relationships with host communities through its full-time Community Relations Team (Comrel Team). The Comrel Team addresses community development on a holistic approach, covering various development areas such as the financial, technical, and spiritual development.
In recognition of its accomplishments in environmental protection and preservation and its exemplary activities in social and community development in the areas surrounding its projects, SPPI has been the recipient of the following awards:
|Award||Bestowing Body||Date Given|
|Hall of Fame for Outstanding Environmental Project||Philippine Economic Zone Authority||April 2008|
|Outstanding Environmental Performer||Philippine Economic Zone Authority||April 2007|
|Outstanding Environmental Performer||Philippine Economic Zone Authority||April 2005|
|Outstanding Environmental Performer||Philippine Economic Zone Authority||March 2003|
|1st Oscar Escobar Air Quality Management||Concerned Citizens Against Pollution||November 2002|
|Special Citation For Programs in Environmental Protection||Personnel Management Association of the Philippines||November 1995|
|Gawad Kalikasan Environmental Impact Assessment||Environmental Management Bureau –
Department of Environment & Natural Resources Philippine Association of Environmental Assessment Professionals
|Hall of Fame for Best Community Project||Philippine Economic Zone Authority||April 2001|
|Best Community Project||Philippine Economic Zone Authority||March 2000|
|Best Community Project||Philippine Economic Zone Authority||March 1999|
|Best Community Project||Philippine Economic Zone Authority||February 1998|
SPPI has also accomplished the following FIRSTS
- The first among major privately-owned industrial estates to secure conversion of its land to industrial status under the government’s Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program
- The first privately-owned industrial estate to be registered with the Board of Investments
- The first to build an interchange linking a national expressway with a privately-owned industrial estate
- The first privately-owned industrial estate to be granted approval to operate as a Special Economic Zone by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority
- The first privately-owned industrial estate in the Philippines to obtain ISO 9001 for Quality Management System, and ISO 14001 for Environmental Management System. It also obtained OHSAS 18001 for Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
Science Park of the Philippines, Inc. (SPPI) was established in 1989 and, through the years, has gained the reputation of being a cutting edge developer of industrial estates through its Light Industry & Science Park projects.
Why choose Science Park of the Philippines?
SPPI was established in 1989, and through the years, has gained the reputation of being a cutting edge developer of industrial estates through its Light Industry & Science Park projects.
Today, SPPI is highly regarded as one of the pioneers and leaders in private industrial estate development in the country and has the largest hectarage of industrial estates developed, and being developed with almost 800 hectares of aggregate area.