Frequently Asked Questions
Find Your Answer Here
SPPI is highly regarded as a pioneer and leader in private industrial estate development in the country.
The largest hectarage of industrial estates developed, and being developed totaling to about 800 hectares.
Established in 1989 ,SPPI has gained the reputation of being a cutting edge developer in industrial estates through its Light Industry & Science Park projects.
SPPI HAS ACCOMPLISHED THE FOLLOWING FIRSTS:
- The first among major privately owned industrial estates to secure conversion of its land to industrial status under the government’s Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program.
- The first to introduce the concept of a centralized waste water treatment plant in each of its industrial parks. The centralized waste water treatment plant has now become a requirement of PEZA that all approved industrial estates setup such a facility.
- The first privately owned industrial estate to be granted approval to operate a Special Export Processing Zone.
- The first privately owned industrial estate to be registered with the Board of Investments.
- The first to build an interchange linking a national expressway with a privately owned industrial estate.
- The first privately owned industrial estate to be granted approval to operate as a Special Economic Zone by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority.
- The first privately owned industrial estate in the Philippines to be certified ISO 9001 for Quality Management System, ISO 14001 for Environmental Management System, and OHSAS 18001 for Occupational Health and Safety Management System.
- The first industrial estate to receive a Special Recognition from the Environmental Management Bureau of the Department of Environment and Natural Resources and the Philippine Association of Environmental Assessment Professionals for its achievement in environmental impact assessment as a result of its leadership in environmental management and pollution control.
- The first industrial estate to receive a special citation from the Personnel Management Association of the Philippines for its concern for the environment.
- The first Oscar Escobar awardee for air quality management as awarded by the Concerned Citizens Against Pollution.
- The first to have won, for three consecutive years (1997-1999), Best Community Project by the Philippine Economic Zone Authority in recognition of its exemplary activities in social and community development in the areas around its projects.